Thanksgiving is here! This is the perfect time of year to show off your cooking IQ and we’ve got some ideas to up your score. While you may have that secret recipe for cooking the turkey down to a science we’ve handpicked some extra treats to impress your guests.
Adair Country Inn and Restaurant
1. Combine the dry and wet ingredients.
2. Pour 1/4 cup batter scoops on hot griddle.
3. Cook until bubbles form.
4. Flip and cook other side.
5. Serve hot.
May be held in a 250 degree oven, covered loosely. Try with sauteed apples or pears.
2# pumpkin, peeled and cubed
1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
1 C Maple Syrup
12 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
1 1/3 C Olive oil
1 ½ tsp. Salt
1 tsp. ground pepper
10 oz Arugula
8-10 slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup toasted pumpkin seeds or 1 cup pomegranate seeds
8 oz shaved Parmesan—optional
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Toss cubed pumpkin with olive oil and salt. Bake for 15-25 minutes, until tender.
3. To prepare vinaigrette: combine maple syrup and vinegar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
4. Remove from heat and add olive oil salt and pepper and whisk well.
5. Toss arugula with about 1/3 cup of the vinaigrette. Place on plate
6. Top with warm pumpkin, bacon crumbles, pumpkin seeds or pomegranate seeds and cheese, if used.
Hide Away Country Inn
3 cups miniature marshmallows
1 oz (2 tbsp) butter
4 cups crispy rice cereal
1 small box (3 oz size) orange-flavored gelatin
Green gummy candies
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place the butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30-45 seconds to melt it. Add the marshmallows, and microwave for an additional 90 seconds to melt them. The marshmallows might not look melted at the end of this time, but once you stir them, they should liquefy.
3. Stir to blend the butter and marshmallows, then add the orange gelatin. Stir until the gelatin is well-incorporated: the mixture might look grainy at this point, but it will be okay once the cereal is added.
4. Add the crispy rice cereal and stir until it is thoroughly coated and there are no dry patches.
5. Spray your hands with nonstick cooking spray, and scoop up a handful of the cereal mixture. Press it firmly between your hands, forming a ball shape. Make sure that the balls are compact; loosely formed balls easily fall apart. If the balls don’t form at first, allow the mixture to sit for another minute and cool, this seems to help them hold together.
6. Place the rice crispy balls on the prepared baking sheet and allow them to firm up at room temperature. Once the rice crispy balls are set, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. Place the chocolate in a Ziploc bag and cut off a very small triangle from one of the corners.
7. Using this makeshift decorating bag, draw jack o’ lantern faces on the orange balls. While the chocolate sets, cut green your green gummies into thin stalks, and attach them with a small amount of chocolate to the top of the pumpkins.
8. Once the chocolate is dry, the pumpkins can be served or stored. Keep the pumpkin rice crispy treats in an airtight container in a cool, dry room.
Inn At Woodhaven
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
8 tablespoons bourbon
2 lemon peel slices
1. Heat the water to boiling.
2. Stir in your honey and lemon and then add the bourbon.
3. Pour into two glasses and garnish with a lemon peel slices.
From our family to yours, we wish you a Happy Thanksgiving from BnBFinder.com!