This great brick building at 707 Avenue H was built in the 1860’s. It has had many lives before becoming a hotel. From it's beginnings as the Windmayer Whiskey & Vinegar Distillery from 1861 to 1895, to a restaurant, a book & wallpaper store to a barber shop in the late 1800’s and early 1900’s. But in 1910, Troy Laundry moved from 905 Avenue G (current day Pilot Grove Savings Bank) to the present day Kingsley Inn. The business thrived for many years until 1981. 71 one years in one location is quite a run! Then our building became home to Shilling Electrical Supply for a few years until sitting vacant and becoming the beautiful, historic and elegant Kingsley Inn, in 1990.