The ultimate B & B for foodies, the Chestnut Street Inn is a historic 1854 bed & breakfast in lovely Sheffield, Illinois. We have 4 charming guestrooms, all with private baths and satellite TV. Each day certified culinary professional Chef Monika serves up a delicious, locally-sourced breakfast to match your dietary needs. Please inquire about special prix-fixe dinners and cooking classes. Local activities include historical sites, wineries, and fishing. We are within two hours of downtown Chicago, Peoria, Quad Cities, and Rockford.
We wanted to keep you all posted as to the state of our business as of now. It is our intention to reopen as a bed and breakfast serving dinners to inn guests only first before we reopen to outside reservations. We are following both the CDC guidelines, local and state public health guidelines and the information coming out daily from the governor regarding current infection rates and projections. Our primary focus is to insure that we can provide the same high quality personalized hospitality in the safest environment possible. While we cannot give an exact date for reopening, here are some things we are implementing for guest safety:
1) 2 night minimum stays with 48 hours between overnights so that each room can be thoroughly sanitized.
2) Masks must be worn in public areas where guests cannot maintain a 6 foot distance to other guests.
3) Breakfasts/dinners will be served to guests at staggered tables that are more that 6 feet apart.
4) Innkeepers will wear masks and gloves when serving guests and preparing food.
5) Innkeepers will wear masks and gloves when cleaning rooms.
6) Common areas will be regularly sanitized and disinfected.
7) Automatic hand sanitizer stations will be installed on both floors.
8)Baked goods will be individually wrapped and served to each room.
9) We will bring back individual single use bottled water.
10) Coffee will be offered per room rather than communally.
11) Decorative pillows will be removed from rooms.
12) Amenities will be limited to 1 per room, additional can be requested as needed. Examples: Soap, shampoos, toilet paper.
13) Additional towels and robes will be available by request.
14) No room service during your stay.
15) Innkeepers will be available via text for any needs throughout your stay.
As more information becomes available we will update these guidelines and our projected reopen date.
In the meantime, you can continue supporting us by Subscribing to our You Tube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/jandminnkeepers, sharing our videos with friends, purchasing retail items like mugs and water bottles, purchasing gift certificates and purchasing cookbooks which are available via our website https://www.chestnut-inn.com.
Thank you all for your patience during this crazy time. We know everyone is getting antsy to get back to some semblance of normalcy. So are we. But not at the expense of anyone’s health and safety. Sending you all our love and encouragement. We will see you all as soon as possible.
Jeff and Monika Sudakov are originally from Southern California. The couple lived in Las Vegas while Monika was pursuing her Master’s Degree in Cultural Anthropology at UNLV. They bought the Chestnut Street Inn in 2005, bringing with them their experience in hospitality and knowledge of food and culture. Both have backgrounds in theater, Jeff having been a musical theater performer for years and Monika a ballet dancer. Both have also travelled extensively, and you can see some of the souvenirs they have collected over the years displayed throughout the common areas of the inn.