Who says you have to jet to Paris or Venice for your honeymoon? You can, but there are so many unexpected destinations in America offered by B&Bs, which provide an intimate and romantic experience. Add in the personalized elements, amazing food, and haute hospitality honeymoon couples find at a B&B that they won’t find elsewhere, and you’ve got the perfect start to an amazing romantic getaway. bnbfinder, the world’s most comprehensive independently owned international bed and breakfast directory, has scoured the B&B world to find honeymoons at outside-the-box destinations; each offering up a different but intimate and unforgettable romantic vacation to start the happy couple’s time together off right.
Alaskan Adventure at Pearson’s Pond Luxury Inn & Adventure Spa, Juneau, AK
While most people don’t think of Alaska as a honeymoon destination, this Alaskan honeymoon happens at the crossroads of immense beauty and adventures in the great Tongass Rain Forest – the largest temperate rain forest in the world – alongside a glacial kettle pond. Offering customizable packages for every budget, Pearson’s Pond’s “Alaska Honeymoon Adventure” blends romance and relaxation with exciting and enriching outdoor activities including:
- Champagne, candlelight, soft music and rose petals on arrival night (hand-dipped Frangelico chocolate and hazelnut covered strawberries optional).
- Premium upgrade to room with 2-person whirlpool tub and balcony overlooking the pond.
- Daily breakfast and evening hospitality hour.
- 2 Massages.
- Glacier cruise.
- Rain forest zipline.
- Whale watch.
- Floatplane flight-seeing & salmon bake.
- Glacier lake canoe and hike to the glacier.
- All the hiking and sightseeing you want to do with Juneau’s 300 miles of nature trails
- Complimentary bikes, boats on the pond, outdoor hot tubs & sauna, fire pit, BBQs and more!
Fully Customized Honeymoons & Minimoons at Holladay House, Orange, VA
Love discovering craft brews? How about “draft brews”? Orange, VA is brew and horse country and we’re not just talking draft horses…but they do go well together. The historic Holladay Inn is nestled in the scenic rolling hills of Virginia wine, brew and horse country. From relaxation to skydiving, to amazing casual eats or high-end farm-to-fork dining, this honeymoon destination and inn has a surprising list of offerings. And the customized honeymoons begin before the newlyweds arrive with the inn’s signature “ultimate concierge” planning services.
The Holladay House Mini-Moon Package includes:
- Full concierge services: After understanding what kind of mini-honeymoon you prefer, we’ll get to work crafting your getaway and making all reservations and itineraries
- Early check-in of 2 pm
- A specially curated Gourmet Snack Selection in your room upon arrival
- Two hand-thrown signature Holladay House coffee mugs are yours to keep
- $100 gift certificate for dinner (your choice: Vintage, Forked, Silk Mill Grille, Piedmont Steakhouse)
- Full breakfast each morning
- Homemade cookies and hot beverages
- Late check-out of 12 pm
- There is a three-night minimum required for this package. Add a fourth night and get $100 off your entire stay
The ultimate concierge service allows honeymoon and minimoon couples to design their Virginia vacation to fit any budget or schedule.
Horseback riding on a 650-acre ranch in Cat Springs, TX at BlissWood B&B
Just an hour west of Houston in the foothills of Texas Hill Country, the Lehmann Legacy Ranch offers up an unexpected list of features alongside a working ranch. Graceful centuries-old live oaks abound on this 650-acre ranch, along with several lakes, abundant wildlife, a seven-circuit labyrinth in the Mystical Forest and a magical gazebo overlooking the Enchanted Lake. Who would expect to find all this on a Texas ranch, but it’s a perfectly romantic destination for the ideal Texas honeymoon. The list of activities here is seemingly endless. Choose from everything from archery and trapshooting to catch-and-release bass fishing, picnics, trail rides and of course romantic dinners and couples massages plus more. Choose from cabins, bungalows, loft suites and there’s even a Conastoga Covered Wagon and a Grand Safari Tent for “glamping”.
The Honeymoon package can be customized to meet the couples’ interests. It includes:
- Chocolate-dipped strawberries
- Cheese & Cracker plate
- Bottle of champagne with souvenir champagne flutes
- Silk rose petals on the bed
- Picnic for 2 in Gazebo at Enchanted Lake
- Horseback ride to the lake and picnic in the gazebo can be added
Gift Certificates for Wedding Couples
Give the gift that every wedding couple will appreciate more than any other – wedding gift certificates are accepted at all these featured inns. Next time you seek romantic travel, be sure to wake up somewhere special with the help of bnbfinder.com.