Get ready to feast your eyes (and your taste buds) on this delectable cranberry recipe that we’re craving this month! Innkeeper Chris Mason of the Parish House Inn located in Ypsilanti, Michigan, serves up Baked Pears in Cranberry Sauce, a seasonal guest favorite that will keep you wanting more. Yum!
1 16 ounce can whole cranberry sauce
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
4-6 medium pears, peeled, cut in half and cored
Vanilla Greek yogurt for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 9x13x 2-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
3. In a small saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, cinnamon, ginger and lemon juice. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Remove from heat.
4. Place pears cut side down in prepared pan.
5. Pour heated cranberry sauce evenly over the pears.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes or until pears are tender.
7. Let cool and refrigerate before serving.
To serve, place 1 pear half on a plate, cut side down. Slice lengthwise into narrow strips and then push gently with your hand to fan out. Top with cranberry sauce. Add a dollop of vanilla yogurt and enjoy!